The Hamlet "Alexandra" - FAQ

What is the Hamlet "Alexandra"?
The Hamlet is a small village (as per the Oxford Dictionary).
It is a division of Alexandra Tourist Park and is in an area completely separated by a colour bond fence.

Who owns the Hamlet?
The Hamlet "Alexandra" is a registered business name owned by Geof & Jan Sargent who also own Alexandra Tourist Park.

Who managers the Hamlet?
Geof & Jan Sargent own and run both the Hamlet and the caravan park and reside in the residential premises at Alexandra Tourist Park. From time to time Geof & Jan will appoint other people to relieve them to run the Hamlet.

Can I buy a unit and apply to have it on site at the Hamlet?
New units can only be purchased from the managers. No other, manufacturers unit, will be permitted to be in the Hamlet.

What will I buy and own?
You will own the unit which will be located on a site at the Hamlet. This unit will be chosen and built within the specifications outlined by you as the purchaser and agreed to in terms of the agreement entered into with the managers.

What deposit do I need?
In order to place an order for a unit you will need a deposit of 10% of the purchase price.

If I need to sell a house to raise the funds to buy a unit at the Hamlet, how do I secure a unit?
A $5000 payment will reserve your site until you sell your house. The balance of the deposit will be payable on the sale of your house or if unable to sell in a reasonable timeframe the payment will be refunded.

How long will it take to build my unit?
A lead time of 90 days is normally required from the time you order until completion. (This should be a guide as to the term of a contract if selling a house).

How much are the site fees?
The fee for a fortnight is $197.90 for each site. This figure includes GST (at the rate of 5.5%) and equates to an annual figure of $5145.40.

What does the site fee cover?
Services are covered. Your water, electricity (up to a maximum monthly threshold) are covered, you will need an LPG cylinder for the instantaneous Hot Water System.

When and how are site fees able to be paid?
Fees are payable fortnightly in advance. A direct debit authority from your Bank Account will need to be completed. Alternatively an arrangement can be made to have the fees paid by Centrelink direct to our bank account.

Who is responsible for upkeep?
The Hamlet managers are responsible to maintain and care for all common areas lawns and gardens. Residents will be responsible to maintain their own gardens and unit to an acceptable standard.

Can I store a boat or caravan at the Hamlet?
Included in the initial cost of your unit is a carport. This carport can be up to the full length of your unit, for example the first unit built has a carport 7.2 metres long. We have intentionally given an option for a long carport so you may store more than your car. Basically we will allow you to store a caravan or boat providing that along with your car there is enough room under the roof of the carport. The caravan park offers storage; if additional storage is required it may be possible to make an arrangement.

What happens when I vacate my residence for an extended period, say for an overseas trip or to go touring?
An agreement can be entered into with management for garden maintenance and any other thing that may need to be done while the resident is away. An appropriate fee would need to be negotiated with management.

Am I allowed to keep a Pet?
Small Pets are permitted but they must be approved by the managers. Pets will be thoroughly screened to protect the managers, the resident and all other residents. A formal agreement will need to be completed concerning any specific animal. This is to protect all parties (owners, occupants and residents) involved if any dispute should arise

Are family and friends allowed to reside with me for a short time?
Visitors are welcome and if anybody stays overnight or short term then no payment would be required. Stays beyond a maximum of 14 days would need to be approved with management, a charge may apply.

Can someone else own the unit that I occupy?
The occupier/s of the unit are those that agree to do so with management. The resident/s would normally be the unit's owners but children of the occupants can purchase a unit for their parents to live in.

I know that I own the Unit, so what rights do I have for my unit to be on the site?
Your rights are protected under the Residential Tenancies Act; your unit cannot be sub-let.

Is there a body corporate?
The Hamlet does not have a body corporate and therefore consequently no fees. The resident is protected under the Residential Tenancies Act which is applicable to caravan parks. Consumer Affairs prints a booklet as a guide for residents, owners and managers. Every resident will be given a copy of the booklet on or before the day they move in.

What happens in the case of a Grievance?
It is intended that the Hamlet is a community where people can live together and offers an opportunity for people to co-exist in a unique environment. If a resident has a grievance a private conciliatory approach to settling of disputes with other occupants, or the Hamlet management should occur.

Am I responsible for my units Insurance?
It is essential that residents obtain their own house insurance. Management must be given proof from the resident that the unit is covered by insurance.

Can I sell my unit on-site at the hamlet?
Yes it can and would take affect like a normal property sale with the exception that the owners prospective purchaser would need to meet the owners approval.

If I wanted to remove my unit, how would I go about it?
If the unit is going to be removed from the site then the resident/s or his or her representative is responsible to arrange, after first arranging it with the Hamlet management, for an independent contractor to carry out the necessary work. A prescribed notice should be given at least 7 days prior to this occurring.
...Contact Us>


The Concept

Stages for Development

The Units



Fee Structure

Display Unit Tour

Contact Us